Skip to main content

UBOW: Working for You Isn't Working for Me

Hey everyone! It's been a minute because I've been on hiatus. The show, has been on hiatus too, and I've currently been working on other things; which you will see manifest shortly. So, I have just recently started a new job and I'm close to ten (10) months in and it has been a true roller coaster ride. I have learned that while you can be talented, smart and obtain a wealth of information as well as very resourceful, that doesn't necessarily mean that you're fit to lead or train. I also learned that everyone has a different way of communicating (or can't) at all. I will admit that the encounters on this job though I have met before, it hasn't, however been met in this way.

This is the first job that I've met people who are very warn, tired and now in coasting mode along with many stresses that affect their everyday, and because of that, the office isn't what it should be.I can say that I'm blessed because out of all of the jobs I've had, I've only had three (3) bad bosses.

The fact that I can count on one hand but not the whole hand is quite amazing. As I know plenty who could give you a cool run down of their experiences. I guess it's really just the luck of the draw. Now, let's be clear, I'm not saying I have a bad boss now, but I will say she is quite challenging, very difficult to say the least. However, reading a book about this kind of stuff never really dawned on me. One day I ran into a couple of friends and we were discussing the changes in my previous work area  as we all once worked together and I was sharing with them (as they both remembered) how much I loved my job but my boss was ridiculously annoying and astonishingly evil, I had to go. I also stated that if I could have that job with a great supervisor that would have been wonderful. I had explained that my current supervisor is alright, her ways make life at work more difficult than it had to be.

That is when one of my friends said to me, I have this book that I never read called  "Working for You isn't Working for Me" and maybe I will send it to you and you can tell me what's in it, if its helpful and offer anything she may need to know. I told her, yes, send it to me and I will see what's inside.

Well, I'm here to report that Katherine Crowley and Kathi Elster has hit the nail on the head with this book. It is apparent that they've interviewed enough people to have to obtain great wisdom to pass down to everyone else. As you all know these are not book reviews but in regard to this one, I have just started reading this book and I'm not even half-way through and I'm writing this. But I will keep you posted about the ending.  Meanwhile, here is a little tidbit I will provide you. If you have a supervisor that's getting under your skin and really reeking havoc on you, pray and start learning to manage your manager, because in the end, it is you who will have to deal with the affects of their projected stress. If you would like to learn more about this book please visit Amazon
Working for you isn't Working for me.

Remember: If you're not happy about a certain situation you can always do something about it; and if you don't know where to start, ask someone a question. That's the beginning path to get to a healthier and happier place. ~ Until

***This Until's Book of the Week has been brought to you by QS Simple Treasures Dreams "Are Meant to be Lived" Oolong Tea. If you would like to know more about Dreams "Are Meant to be Lived" Oolong Tea please visit the blog at www.qssimpletreasures.blogspot.com .







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you or someone you know would like to have their book featured on "Until's Book of the Week"  radio segment or are interested in sponsorship opportunities; please contact Until at qcreative@sbcglobal.net for her packages . Please keep checking this blog for more updates of "Until's Book of the Week".  Remember: "There was a time you were not allowed to read. So, appreciate it." ~ Until ...

UBOW: Shout out to our sponsor

Until's Book of the Week has been brought to you by Wolfgang Productions for the Set In The West Documentary Film. Once you learn the Genesis of Los Angeles Hip Hop you won't be the same. Your views won't be the same. Are you a fan of Hip Hop? Find out its true foundation. If you would like to learn more information please visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/setinthewest . This is Until saying: Reading is a privilege. Not everyone has the honor. ~Until...

UBOW: Blend

BLEND by Mashonda Tifrere @mashondatifrere  Seriously, where was this book when my husband and I got together 21 years ago. In this book "BLEND" Mashonda is honest, transparent and true. She understands something so profoundly that many of us forget in a situation like this. . . It's all about the children. Let's be clear, things aren't always easy but that doesn't mean you have to give in, give up, or show out. But what it does mean, is for you to put your grown woman underwear on, roll up your sleeves to see what you gotta do, how to do, understand why you do and do it. In this book.  Mashonda took her time to process the situation, took her time to heal, get help on how and nurtured herself through the process and understood that though in pain, it was not about her, it was about her child and how she could make life an easy transition for him in regard to her divorce, the other woman becoming a permanent staple in his other side of life and more.